For every resident of Saudi Arabia, it is important that they learn driving and instantly apply for their license as soon as they are eligible for it. But how exactly do you apply for this license in Saudi Arabia? In this guide, you will learn a method to apply for a new driving license in Saudi Arabia.
Knowing perfectly well how complex and confusing applying for a driver license in Saudi can be, we are here to explain to you this procedure in the simplest of steps below. But before we start, let’s go over the required documents you need for this application process.
How to Apply For a Driving License In Saudi Arabia?
Once you have prepared the aforementioned documents properly, start by looking up the Saudi Driving School website to locate the nearest driving school to your place. You need to visit this institute at sharp 7 am and get your application process started early.
- Take the application form from the entrance or if you have already filled it from home, move towards the License Office with your documents. There, an accountant will verify your documents and take your eye sight test if you don’t have the report in your files.
- After this has been done, go to the license check counter and get your application stamped. Now, you will have to pay an additional SAR 100 as your fee for the driving class after which, you will be taken for your first attempt at clearing the driving test.
- Before the test, the instructor will give you a three hour long training session which you should listen to carefully. Next, you will have to pass a twenty question long computer based test about driving rules and other information.
- Once you have successfully cleared the test, it will be time for your practical driving test. Make sure to take extra care of your seat belt, back view mirror, hand break and seat adjustment while driving.
- Finally, if your instructor approves of your driving, you should visit the License Delivery section. Your driving license will be given to you within fifteen to twenty minutes.
Remember that everyone gets a total of three attempts to pass the computer and practical driving test. If you fail any of those the first time, go home with the provided slip and come back for another attempt with much better preparation.
Requirements for a driving license in Saudi Arabia
- Filled application form issued by the Saudi Ministry of Transport office and driving schools
- Your original Iqama along with its copy
- Original passport and visa along with its copy
- Driving license for foreigners
- Original driving license translated in Arabic
- Four passport size pictures in a white background
- Medical reports from any hospital of eye and blood test
- Slip of paid license fee of SAR 435 in any Saudi bank
And there you have it, a long but well elaborated guide about how to apply for driving license in Saudi-Arabia. We hope that this article helps you understand and prepare beforehand about the driving test. In hopes of clearing the test in your first go and getting your driving license as soon as possible!