In the UAE, any Emirates ID card has to be linked to the mobile number of the owner. It is done to enable some safety features. While applying for Emirates ID you need to provide a mobile number that will be connected to your Emirates ID in the system. If you lost that number and want to change the number in Emirates ID then this guide is for you, we will show you how to change your mobile number in your Emirates ID online.
How To Change Mobile Number In Emirates ID Online
You can change your mobile number in Emirates ID by following the steps below:
- First of all, visit the ICA (Federal Authority For Identity And Citizenship) website at www.ica.gov.ae
- Now choose “smart services” from the drop-down menu.
- Then you’ll see a list of smart services. Here you need to look for “other services – update personal information“, then click “start service“.
- Upon clicking it, you will be directed to a form that needs to be filled out. The following information needs to be provided: Nationality, passport number, name, ID number, entry date, and birth date.
Emirates ID File Number
- Upon providing the information for the first step, the second step is automatically triggered
- Within seconds of selecting your nationality, you are prompted to choose a “file type” (Visa or Residency) and “file number”. Select “residence” as your file type and locate your file number just above your passport number on your visa page.
- In the file number field, you may be unsure whether to choose “3 section number” or “4 section number“, as you must choose one. On your visa page, you will find your file number directly above your passport number. Make sure the number is divided into three or four sections. Then you can insert it in the option
- In addition, Dubai residents normally have three section file numbers, whereas residents of other Emirates usually have four.
- Depending on your visa page, insert the file number divided into 3 or 4 sections. Fill out the form as instructed.
- After filling out the other required fields, you will be taken to the mobile number data page. The mobile number on your Emirates ID is displayed here.
- Enter the new mobile number you want in the space provided and confirm it with an OTP number.
- Now fill in your address information below and check the captcha box.
- Now you will be taken to the review page. Here review all the details you entered.
- After reviewing you need to proceed with the payment. Currently, the cost of changing the mobile number on your Emirates ID is AED 53.
You will receive an email message with the payment slip once you have completed the payment process. Your new number will be updated within two to seven working days.
Or, you may choose to track the status of your Emirates ID application on the webpage.
How To Change Mobile Number In Emirates ID Through ICA App
The ICA mobile app can also be used to change your mobile number in Emirates ID. The steps are almost the same as that of the webpage already explained above. Below are the few necessary steps to take:
Follow the Step 1
- First of all, download the ICA App.
- Select your preferred language, and then log in.
- Now under the “public info” service options, click on“update personal info”.
- Here you need to enter the required personal details in the provided spaces.
- Now under “file type” select “residency”, and then under “ID type” select “Emirates ID”
- Next, enter your Emirates ID’s “Identity number” in the space provided.
- On the next page, enter your passport number and email address, then click “next“
- On this page, you will find your Emirates ID’s mobile number.
- Enter the new mobile number you want to add in the space provided and confirm it with an OTP number.
- Then proceed to the next step
- Pay the required amount and wait for a confirmation message via email or mobile phone. There may be a reference number on your payment invoice in this message.
- By using this reference number, you can track the status of your Emirates ID. Alternatively, you can use the numbers on the front of your Emirates ID card.
Q. How much is it to add a mobile number to Emirates ID?
A. Emirates ID charges AED 53 for adding a new number.
Q. Can I change my mobile number on Emirates ID personally or only online?
A. You can do it by visiting any of the ICA service centers in the UAE with your Emirates ID, visa, and passport copy.
Q. How to change my mobile number in Emirates ID in the kiosk?
A. Visit any ICA happiness center near you. You may wish to call at 600522222 prior to going to get the more necessary information.
We hope you like the guide on How To Change your Mobile Number In Emirates ID. With a few steps you can easily update mobile number in Emirates ID. If you have any questions about this topic we are here to help you please ask us in the comments.