In the UAE, the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship is facilitating citizens, returning residents, and tourists who are planning to UAE visit by offering ICA Smart Services. A number of essential services are offered by the ICA, including a visa status check and vaccine registration.
With the integrated service offered by ICA Smart Services, visiting the UAE is relatively straightforward, allowing tourists and visitors to concentrate more on other travel arrangements like hotel bookings.
In this guide, we describe all you need to know about ICA Smart Services for travelers to the UAE.
Please note: ICA Smart Services now operate under the name ICP Smart Services, which can be accessed at icp.gov.ae
ICA Smart Services Latest News
As announced by the ICA, residency passport stickers previously issued to ex-pat residents are no longer valid. The authorities will now check the validity of residency visas through the residents’ Emirates IDs.
As a result of the directive, the ICA aims to achieve the flexibility necessary to reduce the steps associated with issuing and renewing residency visas. Airlines may also verify residence validity by checking a resident’s passport number and Emirati ID card under the new directive.
What Is the ICA Smart Services?
Through the ICA Smart Services, UAE and foreign nationals have access to a central portal where they can inquire about visas and permits, pay fees and fines, and update their personal information. The ICA smart services are available through their Smart Channels and the E-services can be accessed online 24/7.
The ICA smart services system provides many services for individuals according to each category, as follows:
- Citizens: Through the ICA Smart Services individual citizens of UAE can apply for services related to citizens such as (passport services, family book services, Emirates ID services) and services for the sponsored.
- UAE Residents: Individual residents can apply for services of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship through ICA. Services include visa, residency, and Emirates ID services, for themselves and their sponsor.
- GCC Citizens: GCC citizens can apply for services related to their sponsors in addition to the services of the Emirates ID.
- GCC Residents: GCC residents can apply for services related to entry visas to the country for this category and administer the visa after its issuance.
- Visitors: Visitors can apply for services related to entry visas to the country by category and manage the visa after its issuance.
These services can be accessed through the official ICA website or via mobile applications.
What are the services being offered?
ICA Smart Services allows citizens, residents, and visitors to obtain services concerning visas, passports, Emirates ID, residency, and essentially all other services related to identity and citizenship. Some of the more popular services are as follows.
ICA Smart Services Visa Status & Validity Check
In case you have an Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, or Fujairah visa, you can check your visa status and validity through the ICA Smart Services. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the ICA Smart Services portal here.
- Now select “Passport Information”.
- After that select “Visa” or “Residency” depending on your visa type.
- Now Enter your passport number and passport expiry date.
- Select your nationality.
- Tick the captcha check box and tap on search.
If the provided information submitted is accurate, your visa details including the visa expiry date will be displayed on screen.
If you have a Dubai visa and are looking for ICA Smart Service Dubai visa status. So you need to visit the GDRFA-Amer portal in order to check your Dubai visa status.
ICA Smart Services fine check
If you overstayed in the UAE and there is a fine on you. So you can use ICA smart services fine check to get the exact fine amount. In order to check fine through icp smart services follow the steps below.
- Go to the ICA fine services portal.
- In order to search for fines using your visa number, select the ‘file number’ module.
- Enter your visa number along with the department number.
- Now fill in your date of birth and tick the captcha box.
- Provided the information and click on search, you will be able to review the amount of the overstay fine.
ICA Smart Services ID card status check
To get ID card status or track the progress of submitted renewal, replacement, or new Emirates ID Card application. You need to visit the ICA portal and enter the Application Number (PRAN) or your Emirates ID number (for renewal/replacement applications) to Check ICA Smart Services ID Card Status.
You can also call the ICA on 600522222 for further assistance or inquiries.
ICA Smart Services Mobile Number Change
If you want to change your mobile number linked with your Emirates ID go through these steps. Open the ICA update information portal and fill out the form. Remember you need to pay a fee to complete the application.
ICA Emirates ID/ Emirates ID details change & update
The UAE digital government has clarified that residents and citizens will have to notify the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) of any changes or updates regarding the data contained in their Emirates ID cards, within a period of 30 days from the date of the change.
This applies to Emirates ID cards issued to nationals and expatriate residents.
According to authorities, UAE residents and citizens can apply to change or update any details for an existing and valid Emirates ID card through the ICP website or its smart application (iOS, Android), without the need for submitting any documents.
The Emirates ID data, as stated by the ICP, must be updated in case of marriage or regarding any changes in the wife’s last name (adopting a maiden name) for some nationalities. However, in case there is no change, the data in the ID card and the population registry must be updated.
The fee for changing or updating details of an existing Emirates ID card through ICP portal is Dh50 (USD 13.61).
ICP Smart Services Arrival Registration
As confirmed by flag carriers of the UAE, the GDRFA or ICA approval is no longer required for entry into the UAE. As such, both UAE residents and tourists traveling to the UAE from all over the globe may now travel to the UAE without pre-travel or registration on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP/ICA) portal.
ICA Smart Services Vaccine Registration
To enter public places in Abu Dhabi, you must prove you have been fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test result issued within 14 days. It is possible to do this by presenting the Al Hosn app or the health app from your country of residence.
Before flying to Abu Dhabi, you must register for the Al Hosn app through ICA Smart Travel Services.
Otherwise, it’s not mandatory to register.
Registering your vaccine certificate or exemption can be done by accessing the ICA Smart Services link. You will then be required to indicate your current location, and fill in the form truthfully.
Please arrange the following documents you may need to upload later:
- Personal image
- PCR test result (optional)
- COVID-19 vaccination card (optional)
When you have filled the form and uploaded all the documents, tick off the declaration that your information is correct, the reCAPTCHA, and click “Send”.
Passengers wishing to get fully vaccinated with vaccines approved in the UAE do not have to register for vaccination certificates. Although vaccination is not required to enter Abu Dhabi or Dubai, non-exempt unvaccinated travelers will not be able to obtain the green pass.
ICA Smart Services Al Hosn app
Upon completing their registration, travelers whose vaccination certificates were issued outside of the UAE can download the Al Hosn app. The process is as follows:
- Make sure you visit the aforementioned arrival registration site before traveling to the UAE.
- Upload your international vaccination certificate and complete the arrivals registration form. When done, you will receive an SMS that includes a link to download the Al Hosn app.
- Upon arrival, you will get a Unified Identification Number (UID) from the airport or via the ICA app or website.
- After that, download the Al Hosn app and register using the UID and phone number you used for ICA registration or for your UAE PCR test.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) to complete your Al Hosn app registration process. Al Hosn app allows users to check status, vaccination information, test results, and travel test requirements and use a live QR code.
ICA Smart Services QR code
After successful registration of your vaccine certificate through the above-mentioned method, ICP Smart Services will provide you with a QR code. As the QR code will be sent to the provided email address, please ensure it is both valid and accurate.
ICA Smart Services customer care
In case of complaints, customer service issues, visa issues, types, and validity, or any other issue, you may reach out directly to the ICA at 600522222 or [email protected].
Furthermore, the ICA has established many customer happiness centers in the UAE for a wide range of services. Also, you can follow the ICA on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
To obtain a Dubai visa, contact Amer service at 800 5111 (toll-free number in the UAE). You can call the toll-free number +9714-313-9999 if you are outside the UAE.
Read More: UAE Emirates NBD Branches