Follow these simple steps for the replacement of lost iqama. In case you are in Saudi Arabia and you lost your iqama / muqeem card you need to report your sponsor and nearest police station within 24 hours of its loss or stolen to avoid fines.
Iqama Lost ? What to do now ?
As we know the importance of iqama. You need to get the new iqama after losing it as soon as possible. Because if you get caught by police or authorities without iqama then they take legal action against us they will not consider that our iqama is lost or stolen.
That’s why we need to report quickly about iqama stolen to the police station.
In the Iqama card, it shows all the important details of an expatriate including an Iqama number, expat’s name, profession, date of birth, place of issue, and sponsor’s name which is proof of our work and residence permit in KSA.
Procedure To Get New Iqama (if your Iqama is lost)
By following these steps you can get your new iqama and can get rid of troubles facing after losing it.
- As we mentioned above, If your iqama is lost or stolen first of all you need to inform your sponsor and police station or competent authority.
- Ask your sponsor to write an application in Arabic to the passport office and describe how the iqama is lost and mention the place and time where iqama is lost.
- Submit the written complaint to the police station or passport office of the town where your iqama is lost. Your sponsor must be with you when you submit a complaint to the passport office or a police station.
- ( Your sponsor’s presence is important to explain the unwanted incident to the authorities and to avoid delay for processing ).
- Provide these documents along with the written application for new iqama card. Present original valid passport, two recent photographs (size 4cm × 6cm), and a photocopy of the last IQAMA, if any.
- Both you and your employer sign the form of jawazat given by passport office or police station and stamp it from duty officer.
- Pay the fine of SR 1000 for the lost of iqama. And fee of SR 500 for the issuance of new iqama in any national bank of KSA.
- (Also attach bank receipts with application )
- Publish an add of your stolen Iqama in Saudi Newspaper.
You can get your new iqama card from jawazat office in 2 to 4 working days.
Make photocopies of your important documents like Passport and iqama they are very helpful if you lost the original ones.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What if I lost my Iqama?
The MOI announced that if iqama is stolen or lost, it should be reported within 24 hours at a police station with a letter from the sponsor stating the circumstances under which it was lost and the place of loss to avoid fine.
How much is the penalty for lost Iqama?
For the first time, if you report within 24 hours of iqama lost, you will have to pay SR 1000 fine. If the second time you lost your iqama then fine would be SR 2000 the fine increasing SR 1000 each time you lost your iqama.
How can I get duplicate Iqama?
Procedure for a replacement iqama.
1. Inform your sponsor and report in a Police station within 24 Hours
2. Ask tour Kafeel to write an application in Arabic and mention how and where iqama is lost.
3. Submit the application to the passport office or police station with 2 photographs, photocopy of a valid passport and iqama card copy if any.
4. Pay the fine and fee in Saudi National Bank and provide receipts with the application. and publish add on Arabic newspaper.
5. After 2working days collect new iqama from jawazat office.
How can I pay my lost Iqama fine?
You can pay fine in any national bank of KSA. The fine of lost iqama SR 1000 and SR 500 for the issuance of new iqama.
Unfortunately, if your iqama is lost or stolen don’t be panic inform your sponsor as soon as possible. And make legal paperwork to avoid a heavy fine. Provide all the document above mentioned and report it to the nearest police station or passport office. Pay the fee and fine to get the replacement of iqama earlier to avoid tension. And next time be careful because if you lost iqama next time then SR 1000 fine Increasing.