The Qatar Distribution Company (QDC) imports, distributes and retails alcohol and pork products in Qatar. For residents of Qatar to purchase alcohol products, they need a license permit from the Qatar Development Council (QDC). QDC appointments must be scheduled online before so license holders can visit the retail store. This article explains how to book an online QDC Appointment using the QDC website.
From 16 June 2020, QDC license holders will need to book a QDC online appointment in order to visit the QDC store. There is no longer accepting of the SMS appointment system that was in place. To purchase pork or alcoholic beverages, license holders can only visit the QDC store.
Book QDC Appointment Online For Store Visit
Follow the below steps to book an online appointment for a QDC store visit:
- First of all, Visit www.qdc.com.qa by clicking on the link.
- Now select “Store Visit” and click “Next”.
- In this step, you need to enter your Permit Number, QID, Mobile Number, Email, and captcha code and click on “Login“.
- Enter the OTP received in your email and click “Verify“.
- Pick the date and time that works best for you for the appointment. Only available slots are displayed.
- Click the “Confirm” button after reading the important information.
Now you will receive a confirmation on screen and in your email. You can show the confirmation message on your phone while visiting the QDC store.
QDC Qatar Updates
05 OCTOBER 2022 UPDATE: QDC has opened a new branch at the West Bay Hotel Park. Visitors should enter through Sheraton Road, Hotel car park entrance (see the map below). Go to Basement Level 1. Park in the designated car park for QDC customers.
Please note that this branch is only accessible by vehicle. Pedestrians will not be given access to the location. The same rules for the QDC permit apply to the QDC West Bay branch.
QDC West Bay Purchase Limit
QDC West Bay branches have the following limits on purchases:
- Beer — 3 cases only (per item)
- Spirits — 6 bottles only (per item)
- Wines — no limit
How to Do QDC Online Shopping
A new Click & Collect option has been launched by QDC, allowing customers to place orders online and then pick up their orders on a specific date and time.
In order to use the “Click & Collect” service, minimum order is required. Once you enter your permit details, you will see this amount. This service has a limited number of appointments.
Here is how to pre-order QDC Qatar online before your store visit:
- Go to www.qdc.com.qa
- Select “Online Shopping” and click “Next”
- Now Enter the Permit Number, QID, Mobile Number, Email, and the captcha code and click on the “Login” Step.
- Enter the OTP received in your email and click “Verify“.
- Now select the date and time for pickup. It is possible to change your collection time and date up to 24 hours before it is scheduled to take place.
- You can add products to your cart by searching for them and adding them to your shopping cart. In the top right corner, you will see your quota balance. You cannot select more than the monthly quota. Check your order and pay using a credit/debit card. When the payment is completed, your order receipt will be sent to your email.
- On the date of the appointment, visit QDC and collect your order
Show your order receipt at QDC to collect your items. On the QDC website, you can view your orders under the “My Orders” tab on the QDC website.
Important Points About QDC Online Shopping
- Orders can be canceled 24 hours before collection through the QDC Contact Us page. But orders cannot be changed.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you once your order has been placed.
- An order can only be collected by the main cardholder or a joint cardholder (linked to the main cardholder).
- Missing your collection date & time will result in your order being canceled, so you will need to place a new order.
- Online shopping is not available for pork products.
QDC Retail Store Locations and Working Hours
The QDC retail store is located in Abu Hamour, off Wholesale Market Road (not far from Safari Mall). You can check QDC’s Abu Hamour Google Maps location here. QDC’s phone number is +974 4469 9412.
The new QDC West Bay branch is located at the West Bay Hotel Park car parking.
QDC working hours from Saturday to Thursday are 08:15 am to 09:30 pm and on Fridays 01:00 pm to 09:30 pm
FAQ on QDC Appointment Online
Q. Can I visit QDC without an appointment?
A. No, you cannot shop for anything without a QDC appointment and also cannot visit the QDC store.
Q. Can joint cardholders book retail store appointments?
A. Yes, retail store visit appointments can be booked by joint cardholders using their permit number (without the J) and the QID of the main permit holder.
Q. Can both cardholders visit using the same appointment?
A. Yes, both cardholder main and joint cardholders can visit QDC using the same appointment.
Q. Can I use the permit for store visits after expiry?
A. For your convenience, you will be allowed one purchase within 30 days after the expiration date. To use the card within 30 days of expiration, you must have a confirmed appointment at a retail store before it expires.
Q. Can you buy alcohol in shops in Qatar?
A. Yes you can buy alcohol from approved QDC-licensed hotel restaurants and bars. Alcohol isn’t illegal in Qatar, but there is zero tolerance for drinking in public, and being drunk in public is a crime.
Q. Does Doha sell alcohol?
A. According to Qatar’s World Cup cultural awareness guidance, alcohol drinking is “not part of local culture” and is only served to non-Muslims over the age of 21 in QDC-approved licensed restaurants, bars, and hotels.
We hope the above guide is very helpful for those who are looking for how to book QDC appointments. Moreover, you can find out much useful information about QDC Z(Qatar Distribution Company) in the above-detailed guide. If you have any questions regarding QDC Qatar you can ask us in the comments or visit the QDC website.