The electronic portal, Absher has surely made the life of every Saudi citizen much easier and convenient. Not only has this application made it easy for you to stay updated about different details and penalties, but made it possible to renew your driving license without physically visiting the traffic police office. Here we discuss the process of Renewing Driving license in Saudi Arabia.
Yes, you read that right! You can now renew your driving license online using the Absher app! We are here to tell you the exact steps you need to follow to get this renewal done. But before we begin, let’s go over exactly why you need to get your driving license renewed on time.
Requirements for Renewing Driving License in Saudi Arabia
To renew your driver’s license online, you must have the following things with you.
- An active Absher account
- Original driving license with a validity of less than 180 days
- Efada medical test report
- Payment of Saudi renewal Driving License fee through Al Rajhi or NCB bank (SAR 40 per year)
- Paid traffic violations and penalties
How to Renew Driving license Online In Saudi Arabia?
- Start by opening the Absher portal by clicking on the link: https://absher.sa/ . Next, log into your account using your username and password.
- Now, look for the Services tab and select the Traffic option from the drop down list displayed.
- Click the Renew Driving License button shown and read the terms and conditions displayed on your screen carefully.
- Select the Next button and choose your license type from the defined options.
- Last, select your license renewal period and you have successfully requested for the renewal of your driving license!
Picking up your Renewed Driving License
After you have applied for this renewal, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered phone number. As soon as your license is ready!
You can pick the license up from the traffic police office by visiting with a Muroor appointment, original Iqama and previous driving license there. The officer will dispose of your old license and issue you a new one.
Or, you can get the driving license delivered at your home by selecting the Request Postal Delivery option, typing in your Saudi national address on the + button and confirming the delivery phone number.
You will soon receive a link on your phone number to pay for the delivery fee being SAR 17.25 to confirm your request. After a few days’ time, your renewed driving license should arrive at your home!
Penalties and fine for Expired Driving License
If your driving license has expired and you have not filed for a renewal request immediately, you have to pay a fine of SAR 140. Moreover, if you are caught driving on the road with an expired license, you can be fined for anywhere between SAR 300 TO SAR 500. Finally, if your renewed license has arrived at Muroor for more than seven days’ time, you are fined for a further SAR 100.
And with that, we would like to conclude our comprehensive article about renewing your driving license in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia online. We hope that this helped you learn about the fine for using an expired license along with the steps and fee for renewing your license through the Absher portal in quite detail.