The United Arab Emirates is a popular destination for tourists and ex-pats alike. However, there are instances when individuals need to cancel their UAE visa due to various reasons. The process of canceling visas in the emirates can be a bit complex, but this guide will help you understand everything you need to know about UAE visa cancellation and how to check the visa cancellation status.
UAE Visa Cancellation
The visa cancellation process in the UAE varies depending on the type of visa and the circumstances of the cancellation. Here is a general guide to the UAE visa cancellation process:
- Notify the sponsor: If you are canceling your UAE visa, you need to inform your sponsor. The sponsor is usually the person or entity that sponsored your visa.
- Apply for visa cancellation: After notifying your sponsor, you need to apply for visa cancellation. You can apply for visa cancellation online or in person at the immigration office.
- Pay the cancellation fee: Once you apply for visa cancellation, you will be required to pay a fee. The fee varies depending on the type of visa and the circumstances of the cancellation.
- Exit the UAE: After your visa is canceled, you must leave the UAE. Failure to do so may result in legal consequences.
How to Check UAE Visa Cancellation Status
After applying for UAE visa cancellation, you can check the status of your application online. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to check UAE visa cancellation status:
- Step 1: Visit the UAE immigration ICP Website Page.
- Step 2: Click on “Services” and then “Visa and Residency”.
- Step 3: Click on “Track Application”.
- Step 4: Enter your visa application number and your passport number.
- Step 5: Click on “Search”.
- Step 6: The status of your visa cancellation application will be displayed on the screen.
Read More: UAE Visa Check By Passport Number
Requirments For UAE Visa Cancellation
Canceling a UAE visa is a process that needs to be carried out according to the rules and regulations of the UAE government. There can be several reasons why a person may want to cancel their UAE visa, such as leaving the country permanently, changing jobs, or moving to a different emirate. In this guide, we will discuss the requirements of UAE visa cancellation and the steps involved in the process.
- Eligibility for UAE Visa Cancellation:
To be eligible for canceling, the following criteria must be met:
- The visa holder must have a valid reason for canceling their visa.
- The visa holder must have no pending legal cases or fines against them.
- The visa holder must have a valid passport.
- The visa holder must not be inside the country on an absconding status.
- Required Documents:
The following documents are required to cancel a UAE visa:
- A copy of the passport and visa of the visa holder.
- A letter from the sponsor or employer requesting the visa cancellation.
- A copy of the Emirates ID of the visa holder (if applicable).
- An Emirates ID cancellation request form (if applicable).
- A copy of the flight ticket of the visa holder showing their departure from the UAE.
- Visa Cancellation Process:
The visa canceling process in the UAE can be carried out by the sponsor or the visa holder. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
Step 1: Submit the documents
The sponsor or visa holder must submit the required documents to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in the emirate where the visa was issued.
Step 2: Pay the fee
A fee of AED 220 is required to cancel a UAE visa. The fee can be paid at any GDRFA service center.
Step 3: Wait for the approval
The GDRFA will process the visa cancellation request and issue an approval or rejection within a few working days.
Step 4: Collect the passport and visa
Once the visa cancellation is approved, the sponsor or visa holder can collect the passport and visa from the GDRFA service center.
Reasons for UAE Visa Cancellation
There are different reasons why an individual may need to cancel their UAE visa. These reasons include:
- Job loss
- Medical conditions
- Change in travel plans
- Change of sponsor
- Criminal record
- Death of the visa holder
Cancellation of a UAE visa can be a complex process, but this guide has provided you with all the information you need to know about UAE visa cancellation and how to check the visa cancellation status. If you need to cancel your UAE visa, make sure you follow the proper procedure and leave the UAE after your visa is canceled to avoid any legal consequences.